Welcome to the official website of the national Astronomical Society of Negara Brunei Darussalam. The BRUNEI DARUSSALAM Astronomical Society, in Malay known as Persatuan Astronomi Negara Brunei Darussalam and abbreviated as PABD is an independent and a non-government organisation (NGO), and this association is dedicated to astronomy science and the society.
PABD has been officially registered to the Registrar of Societies, the Royal Brunei Police, on January 6, 2003 corresponding to 03 Zulkaedah 1423 H. Regulations and detailed information of PABD is published in the Constitution of Brunei Darussalam Astronomical Society (Perlembagaan Persatuan Astronomi Negara Brunei Darussalam), during the temporary PABD members meeting in 2002.
Currently the Society has a patron and advisory board, and PABD administration is accountable to the Executive Committees. Our next step is to gather astronomy and space enthusiasts in Brunei, and we welcome public members to participate PABD.
The objectives of the Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam (PABD) are:
- To promote and advance the field of astronomy, particularly Islamic astronomy (astronomy Syarie) in Brunei Darussalam;
- An agent to inform on current issues related to astronomy;
- To provide advice and / or negotiations in the field of astronomy to any individual and / or agencies;
- Organize and conduct activities specifically related to the field of astronomy among the members of PABD; and other sports, social, cultural and welfare activities;
- Providing facilities to carry out PABD activities;
- Creating and instilling spirit of brotherhood and kinship among PABD members;
- Forging partnerships with clubs and other registered associations through activities PABD;
- Disseminating knowledge and information in the various aspects of astronomy;
- Accepting donations / assistance provided by the Government and of any non-governmental organizations and scholarships for PABD members in achieving the objectives of the association.