Bandar Seri Begawan – The Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam will hold a special meeting to discuss initiatives to promote the association and new moon observation. The meeting will take...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The official first day of Ramadan falls tomorrow (27th May 2017) in Brunei Darussalam as the moon crescent of Ramadan was sighted by the officials (of...Read More
BSB 4:56N 114:56E TZ:+8.0 Ht:10m JD:2457899.5 Topo Refrac ON Apparent Sunrise: 6h 05m 35s LT Apparent Sunset: 18h 29m 00s LT AT APPARENT SUNSET> New Moon Visibility (Yallop/BT,q-0.103)C: May need...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – July 05, 2016. A group of members of the Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam was at the Agok Hill in Tutong for the moonsighting to observe the new...Read More
By Hazarry Hj Ali Ahmad What happens during a partial solar eclipse? A perfect alignment of the Earth-Moon-Sun bodies is required for a solar eclipse to occur. As seen...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – In the predawn hours of December 13, 2015, as the Earth began to sweep through a dense remains of debris from asteroid 3200 Phaethon, these falling...Read More
Tutong – On July 18, 2015, a local astronomy enthusiast dedicated a backyard mini observatory, a roll-off roof structure housing a 152mm refractor telescope, at Keriam in Tutong, Brunei...Read More
Planetary Conjunction of Venus and Jupiter on June 30 and July 01 after sunset. Dont miss it! UPDATE: June 30, 2015. Some photos of the event....Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The official new moon sighting date to determine the beginning Ramadan 1436H will be on Tuesday afternoon, June 16. The sightings will be carried out in...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam will hold a special meeting to discuss initiatives to promote the association and new moon observation. The meeting will take place: Date: Wednesday June 07,...
Bandar Seri Begawan – A meeting was held in UNISSA in late afternoon on March 21, 2015, to discuss activities during the upcoming lunar eclipse. Present at the meeting were Hazarry (General Secretary), Hj Julaihi (Deputy...
- Moon on its way to the eclipse August 17, 2017Insights and a cool chart from astronomer Guy Ottewell. Plus, if you click in, you'll find photos of waning crescent moons from the past few mornings ...Guy Ottewell
- Born under the sign of Ophiuchus? August 16, 2017Born between November 29 and December 18? If so, the sun passes in front of Ophiuchus on your birthday. Ophiuchus is a constellation – not a sign – of the zodiac.Bruce McClure
- Sunspots during solar eclipse? Probably August 15, 2017Add sunspots to the list of wondrous sights to look for during the total solar eclipse of August 21, 2017.Eddie Irizarry
- Dark Rift in the Milky Way August 14, 2017Look edgewise into our galaxy’s disk, and you’ll notice a long, dark lane dividing the bright starry band of the Milky Way. This Dark Rift is a place where new stars are forming.Bruce McClure
- Big asteroid to sweep close September 1 August 13, 2017Named for Florence Nightingale, asteroid 3122 Florence is the biggest near-Earth object to pass this close since this category of objects was discovered over a century ago! It might be visible in binoculars.Eddie Irizarry
- See it! 2017’s Perseid meteor shower August 12, 2017Despite a bright moon, the brightest Perseids put on a good show. See photos from the EarthSky community here.Deborah Byrd
- This Week’s Sky at a Glance, August 11 – 19 August 11, 2017The Perseid meteor shower should be at its maximum late Friday and Saturday nights, August 11-12 and 12-13. The post This Week’s Sky at a Glance, August 11 – 19 appeared first on Sky & Telescope.Alan MacRobert
- Cassini prepares for mission’s end August 16, 2017The spacecraft has entered its final five orbits of Saturn.
- This supernova shock wave slammed into its companion star August 15, 2017Fast followup allowed astronomers to see the cause of the explosion.
- System of super-Earths discovered around a nearby star August 14, 2017If you look up at Earth’s night sky and find the constellation Cetus — it looks something like a sea monster — you might also notice a rather average looking star called Tau Ceti. It’s slightly smaller than our sun and sits just 12 light years from Earth. Now, a new study suggests that the […]
- Astronomers are preparing to watch a star swing by our supermassive black hole August 11, 2017So far, it looks like general relativity will preserve its perfect record.
- Do you have questions about Laser SETI and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence? August 10, 2017Ask a Laser SETI scientist on Astronomy.com.