Bandar Seri Begawan – The Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam will hold a special meeting to discuss initiatives to promote the association and new moon observation. The meeting will take...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The official first day of Ramadan falls tomorrow (27th May 2017) in Brunei Darussalam as the moon crescent of Ramadan was sighted by the officials (of...Read More
BSB 4:56N 114:56E TZ:+8.0 Ht:10m JD:2457899.5 Topo Refrac ON Apparent Sunrise: 6h 05m 35s LT Apparent Sunset: 18h 29m 00s LT AT APPARENT SUNSET> New Moon Visibility (Yallop/BT,q-0.103)C: May need...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – July 05, 2016. A group of members of the Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam was at the Agok Hill in Tutong for the moonsighting to observe the new...Read More
By Hazarry Hj Ali Ahmad What happens during a partial solar eclipse? A perfect alignment of the Earth-Moon-Sun bodies is required for a solar eclipse to occur. As seen...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – In the predawn hours of December 13, 2015, as the Earth began to sweep through a dense remains of debris from asteroid 3200 Phaethon, these falling...Read More
Tutong – On July 18, 2015, a local astronomy enthusiast dedicated a backyard mini observatory, a roll-off roof structure housing a 152mm refractor telescope, at Keriam in Tutong, Brunei...Read More
Planetary Conjunction of Venus and Jupiter on June 30 and July 01 after sunset. Dont miss it! UPDATE: June 30, 2015. Some photos of the event....Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The official new moon sighting date to determine the beginning Ramadan 1436H will be on Tuesday afternoon, June 16. The sightings will be carried out in...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam will hold a special meeting to discuss initiatives to promote the association and new moon observation. The meeting will take place: Date: Wednesday June 07,...
Bandar Seri Begawan – A meeting was held in UNISSA in late afternoon on March 21, 2015, to discuss activities during the upcoming lunar eclipse. Present at the meeting were Hazarry (General Secretary), Hj Julaihi (Deputy...
- Solar eclipse safe viewing tips June 28, 2017If you're planning to watch the August 21 total solar eclipse (and we hope you are!) take a minute to watch this video on how to watch safely.Eleanor Imster
- The enduring mystique of Barnard’s Star June 27, 2017Sometimes called Barnard's Runaway Star, it's one of the best known stars in the history of astronomy and in popular culture.Larry Sessions
- How much traffic on eclipse day? June 26, 2017Expert analysis showing how many people - and how much traffic congestion - can be expected along the path of the August 21, 2017 total solar eclipse.EarthSky Voices
- NASA’s plans for August 21 eclipse June 26, 2017Not traveling to the centerline of the eclipse? Expect NASA images via 11 spacecraft, at least 3 aircraft, more than 50 high-altitude balloons, and the International Space Station.EarthSky
- Saturday night’s extremely young moon June 25, 2017Photo and animation of an extremely young moon - only 18 hours past the new phase - setting over a hill last night, as seen from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.Deborah Byrd
- What’s the youngest moon you can see? June 25, 2017In 2013, an astrophotographer in France captured an amazing photo of the moon at the precise instant of new moon.Deborah Byrd
- This Week’s Sky at a Glance, June 23 – July 1 June 23, 2017This is the time of year when the two brightest stars of summer, Arcturus and Vega, are equally high overhead soon after dark: Arcturus in the southwest, Vega toward the east. The post This Week’s Sky at a Glance, June 23 – July 1 appeared first on Sky & Telescope.Alan MacRobert
- Celebrate Asteroid Day with NASA’s special broadcast June 28, 2017Learn more about near-Earth objects and ask any asteroid questions you have!
- New Hubble find challenges our ideas about galaxies June 23, 2017This puzzling object is the wrong shape for its type.
- NASA is reviewing the WFIRST mission June 23, 2017Unexpected budget cuts may cause a slight delay.
- This brown dwarf used to be inside its white dwarf companion. June 22, 2017The pair has a very interesting history.
- Is there another Planet Nine altogether? June 22, 2017New research suggests that an Earth or Mars-sized world is shaping the Kuiper Belt.