Bandar Seri Begawan – The Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam will hold a special meeting to discuss initiatives to promote the association and new moon observation. The meeting will take...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The official first day of Ramadan falls tomorrow (27th May 2017) in Brunei Darussalam as the moon crescent of Ramadan was sighted by the officials (of...Read More
BSB 4:56N 114:56E TZ:+8.0 Ht:10m JD:2457899.5 Topo Refrac ON Apparent Sunrise: 6h 05m 35s LT Apparent Sunset: 18h 29m 00s LT AT APPARENT SUNSET> New Moon Visibility (Yallop/BT,q-0.103)C: May need...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – July 05, 2016. A group of members of the Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam was at the Agok Hill in Tutong for the moonsighting to observe the new...Read More
By Hazarry Hj Ali Ahmad What happens during a partial solar eclipse? A perfect alignment of the Earth-Moon-Sun bodies is required for a solar eclipse to occur. As seen...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – In the predawn hours of December 13, 2015, as the Earth began to sweep through a dense remains of debris from asteroid 3200 Phaethon, these falling...Read More
Tutong – On July 18, 2015, a local astronomy enthusiast dedicated a backyard mini observatory, a roll-off roof structure housing a 152mm refractor telescope, at Keriam in Tutong, Brunei...Read More
Planetary Conjunction of Venus and Jupiter on June 30 and July 01 after sunset. Dont miss it! UPDATE: June 30, 2015. Some photos of the event....Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The official new moon sighting date to determine the beginning Ramadan 1436H will be on Tuesday afternoon, June 16. The sightings will be carried out in...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam will hold a special meeting to discuss initiatives to promote the association and new moon observation. The meeting will take place: Date: Wednesday June 07,...
Bandar Seri Begawan – A meeting was held in UNISSA in late afternoon on March 21, 2015, to discuss activities during the upcoming lunar eclipse. Present at the meeting were Hazarry (General Secretary), Hj Julaihi (Deputy...
- No double moon in 2018, or ever January 16, 20182018 will be an excellent year to view Mars. The planet will be closer to Earth - and brighter in our sky - than since 2003. But as big as the moon? Heck no.Deborah Byrd
- Lengths of lunar months in 2018 January 16, 2018This new moon ends the longest lunar month of the 21st century and begins the longest lunar month of 2018.Bruce McClure
- Best photos: Morning planets! January 15, 2018On Sunday morning, Jupiter and Mars were half a moon-diameter apart. Now the moon is sweeping past. Plus Mercury and Saturn are in conjunction this weekend. Photos here.Deborah Byrd
- Close and far moons in 2018 January 15, 2018In 2018, the moon swings farthest from Earth for the year on January 15, only 2 weeks after coming closest to Earth for the year on January 1.Bruce McClure
- EarthSky’s 2018 meteor shower guide January 14, 2018Plan ahead now for an awesome year of meteor-watching. Good news! In 2018, the year's 2 most reliable showers - August Perseids and December Geminids - happen with little to no interference from the moon.Bruce McClure
- Sun in zodiac constellations, 2018 January 12, 2018Sun-entry dates to zodiac constellations in 2018, using boundaries for constellations set by International Astronomical Union in 1930s.Bruce McClure
- This Week’s Sky at a Glance, January 19 – 27 January 19, 2018Sirius twinkles brightly below Orion in the southeast. Around 8 p.m. Sirius shines straight below Betelgeuse in Orion's shoulder. The post This Week’s Sky at a Glance, January 19 – 27 appeared first on Sky & Telescope.Alan MacRobert
- Mapping the cosmos with Cepheid stars January 19, 2018A young astronomer improves our ability to use a well-established law to measure distance.
- Gravbox: The augmented-reality sandbox that helps users visualize gravity January 19, 2018“Gravbox” lets users mold their own universe out of sand, then observe how gravity influences an object traveling through the environment.
- El Gordo: the galaxy cluster with a mass of 3 million billion Suns January 18, 2018This colossal body emits more X-rays than any other known cluster and is the most massive in the universe.
- The Hypatia stone’s composition leaves researchers questioning where and how it formed January 18, 2018This meteorite challenges our widely held view of the material present when the solar system was born.
- Oddly behaving star reveals a black hole hiding in a globular cluster, a first January 17, 2018By the way, it’s also the first stellar-mass black hole ever found based on its gravitational pull.