Bandar Seri Begawan – The Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam will hold a special meeting to discuss initiatives to promote the association and new moon observation. The meeting will take...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The official first day of Ramadan falls tomorrow (27th May 2017) in Brunei Darussalam as the moon crescent of Ramadan was sighted by the officials (of...Read More
BSB 4:56N 114:56E TZ:+8.0 Ht:10m JD:2457899.5 Topo Refrac ON Apparent Sunrise: 6h 05m 35s LT Apparent Sunset: 18h 29m 00s LT AT APPARENT SUNSET> New Moon Visibility (Yallop/BT,q-0.103)C: May need...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – July 05, 2016. A group of members of the Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam was at the Agok Hill in Tutong for the moonsighting to observe the new...Read More
By Hazarry Hj Ali Ahmad What happens during a partial solar eclipse? A perfect alignment of the Earth-Moon-Sun bodies is required for a solar eclipse to occur. As seen...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – In the predawn hours of December 13, 2015, as the Earth began to sweep through a dense remains of debris from asteroid 3200 Phaethon, these falling...Read More
Tutong – On July 18, 2015, a local astronomy enthusiast dedicated a backyard mini observatory, a roll-off roof structure housing a 152mm refractor telescope, at Keriam in Tutong, Brunei...Read More
Planetary Conjunction of Venus and Jupiter on June 30 and July 01 after sunset. Dont miss it! UPDATE: June 30, 2015. Some photos of the event....Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The official new moon sighting date to determine the beginning Ramadan 1436H will be on Tuesday afternoon, June 16. The sightings will be carried out in...Read More
Bandar Seri Begawan – The Astronomical Society of Brunei Darussalam will hold a special meeting to discuss initiatives to promote the association and new moon observation. The meeting will take place: Date: Wednesday June 07,...
Bandar Seri Begawan – A meeting was held in UNISSA in late afternoon on March 21, 2015, to discuss activities during the upcoming lunar eclipse. Present at the meeting were Hazarry (General Secretary), Hj Julaihi (Deputy...
- Solstice coming up December 21 December 14, 2017December solstice 2017 arrives on December 21 at 16:28 UTC. High summer for the Southern Hemisphere. For the Northern Hemisphere, the return of more sunlight!Deborah Byrd
- How to see rock-comet 3200 Phaethon December 13, 2017You can't see 3200 Phaethon - parent of the Geminid meteor shower and a strange asteroid-comet hybrid - with the eye alone. But backyard telescopes can pick it up. Charts and more here.Eddie Irizarry
- Awesome Geminid meteors in 2017? Thank 3200 Phaethon December 13, 2017This mysterious rock-comet is the parent body of the Geminid meteor shower, which peaks on the morning of December 14. It'll brush closely past Earth on December 16.Deborah Byrd
- Don’t miss the Geminids in 2017! December 13, 2017The Geminid meteor shower is always reliable, but might be extra special in 2017. Peak morning is likely December 14. Be sure to watch for the moon near the morning planets!Bruce McClure
- Find the Geminid meteors’ radiant point December 10, 2017December's Geminid meteor shower radiates from the constellation Gemini the Twins. To see it, look east in mid-evening or overhead by about 2 a.m.Larry Sessions
- Why brighter stars at this time of year? December 8, 2017No matter where you are on Earth on December, January and February evenings, you're looking toward bright stars in our local spiral arm.Deborah Byrd
- This Week’s Sky at a Glance, December 8 – 16 December 8, 2017Astronomy is an outdoor nature hobby. For an easy constellation guide to the evening sky, use the map in the center of Sky & Telescope magazine. The post This Week’s Sky at a Glance, December 8 – 16 appeared first on Sky & Telescope.Alan MacRobert
- Fixing satellites in space December 14, 2017The revolutionary technology that will transform the space industry.
- Lighting up the dark universe December 14, 2017Astronomers have found the farthest quasar yet, at a time when our universe was just becoming visible.
- Third rock from the star Kepler-90 December 14, 2017For the first time, researchers have used an artificial intelligence to discover an exoplanet around another star.
- The Mysterious Asteroid Behind the Year’s Best Meteor Shower December 13, 2017Step outside after dark this week and you can watch chunks of an asteroid burn up in Earth’s atmosphere. Behold, the Geminid meteor shower, which is renowned as the year’s best. At peak Geminids, you could catch a shooting star every minute, and this year the moon won’t be bright enough to foul the show. […]
- President Trump signs a policy calling for increased human exploration of the Moon, Mars, and possibly beyond December 13, 2017The initiative integrates government and private space sectors in an effort to expand our space presence and once again put humans on foreign ground.